Saturday, September 15, 2018

Ask Zanaé: Am I stuck in the talking stage!?


Ask Zanaé

What's up girl? Long time no see! I have questions and want an outsiders opinion. The question is what exactly is talking and is there rules? Also I've been talking to someone and really like them and at times want more but after talking about that topic with them it seems that they don't. How do I know if I really do want more and am not just holding back? What do I do if those feelings aren't reciprocated?


Hey girl!

The infamous "talking stage" has got confused for ALOT of things!  From dating to friends with benefits to best friends. I think it is safe to say it gets quite puzzling. However, it does not have to be it is actually simple. The "talking stage" is better known as the getting to know each other stage. In this stage, you are there to do one of three things. Date, become friends, or nothing at all. Boom! There you have it!

What to do if you catch feelings in the talking stage?

It is normal to catch feelings for someone at this stage because you find that you like their personality and what have you. That's great because again you are in this stage to do one of those three things mentioned above. When you catch feelings do not suppress them communicate how you feel to that person.

What to do if the person does not seem to feel the same?

It sucks sometimes people just do not feel the same way we do but that does not mean all hope is lost. If you feel you can still be friends with this person while having some feelings for them go for it. But if you find that it is becoming increasingly difficult to talk to them without blushing or feeling rejected you may need to take some time away from them. Most of all do not try to force someone into feeling the same way if they do it will come naturally with time. I do not know how long you guys have been talking but I would not rush it, people move at their own pace!

How do I know if I really want more?

You already know that you want more because you stated that, do not hold back your emotions because the thing about that is you will come face to face with them constantly until you handle them.

What do I do if these feelings aren't reciprocated? 

Do not take it personally is the biggest thing, everyone will not fit each other. And that is okay because you will find your perfect fit in due time.

Do not dwell on this, it is very easy to dwell on why someone does not feel the same but you will go crazy trying to figure that out because you may never know. It could honestly be beyond you so try not to stress it too much.

Take this time to yourself, it is always a great time to work on yourself! Focus all on you!

Have fun! Go do something you love, maybe even meet someone new its millions of people out there waiting for someone just like you! So I would not worry about this too much, enjoy life and prosper the right one may be closer than you think!



Related post: 
How to get over him!
How to move on from losing someone you cared about?

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! Very nicely explained.
    Loved reading it.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post!! Really inspiring!! kthetop14.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. do not take it personally is a great bit of advice for anyone in any situation.

    Joy at https://www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I remember when I was still in my teens, I used to experience this kind of thinking a lot! 😂 Now that I’m older and already in a long-term relationship, I can say that many younger people do tend to take things too seriously and dwell on stuff that really shouldn’t be a big deal! I was guilty of that too. Oh well! Live and learn, right? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! We all definitely live and learn!

      Delete